The 8 qualities of the entrepreneur
Many haven’t picked the right moment to take your life in a new direction.
The entrepreneur is an inventive person who knows how to use his resources to create new ones. They start from scratch and thrive only in an environment where access to and exploitation of capital is not constrained by a government. Nor is it stifled by a monopoly or hereditary oligarchy.
Here are the 8 qualities that characterize an entrepreneur :
- His freedom of thought.
- His enthusiasm.
- His power of persuasion.
- His ability to concentrate.
- His resilience.
- His resourcefulness.
- His role models to inspire and progress.
- His love of people and his generosity.
Your freedom of thought : You have a critical mind and an imagination that you use to attract and retain customers. You are not afraid to make a place for yourself in a market despite a price war between often well-established competitors.
Your enthusiasm : Your first investors and customers do not buy your product but rather your enthusiasm.
Your power of persuasion : You will seem a little hollow if you have only your enthusiasm without any form of persuasion. To be a sales magician, there are 3 approaches :
Being born “Magician“ : Some people have an innate talent for selling. Instinctively, they know how to captivate attention, maintain interest and stay tuned in without ever losing control of the conversation. You’ve probably already found yourself a few minutes later with your arms full of bags of products because of a talented salesperson and your wallet lightened up.
Having the magic formula : To land a sale, there is the formula of convincing presentation. In short, the irresistible offer.
The magic wand : This last possibility consists of entrusting the entire responsibility for the sale to your product instead of yourself. As soon as the service or product is in line with the customer’s needs, it sells effortlessly and on its own. To achieve this result, you need to know your future customers and their needs intimately.
- Being born “Magician” : Some people have an innate talent for selling. Instinctively, they know how to captivate attention, maintain interest and stay tuned in without ever losing control of the conversation. You’ve probably already found yourself a few minutes later with your arms full of bags of products because of a talented salesperson and your wallet lightened up.
- Having the magic formulas : To land a sale, there is the formula of convincing presentation. In short, the irresistible offer.
- The magic wand : This last possibility consists of entrusting the entire responsibility for the sale to your product instead of yourself. As soon as the service or product is in line with the customer’s needs, it sells effortlessly and on its own. To achieve this result, you need to know your future customers and their needs intimately.
Your ability to concentrate : You are an entrepreneur who dares to do and goes straight to the point. You stay focused on “One business“, “One mission“, “One company“, “One target audience” and “One product line” to achieve success. His action is the most important thing for him and he doesn’t scatter. 100% of his action is dedicated to the present moment to get the fastest results. He is an essentialist.
Your resilience : Think about revisiting your expectations if you’re hoping it will work the first time. Except for those touched by grace, for most people, it takes several tries before you succeed.
Your resourcefulness : Learn how to use the resources you already have to acquire new ones. This way, you will be able to grow your business without making large capital investments or going into debt.
Your models who inspire you and help you progress : Learn how to ask dumb questions of bright people like a mentor, entrepreneur or expert to get the answers you need. You can get the best business strategies from your competitors simply by asking them. It’s like doing a “Business Study“.
Your ability to love people and be generous : This will be seen in the way you deliver your products or services. Will you be stingy with your time when coaching your clients? Will you be stingy in your content, much like in a restaurant ? Will your product be shipped with care in its packaging to highlight it or in a first price bubble wrap that your Chinese manufacturer will offer you ? Will you stay with your audience at the end of your conference and during breaks to discuss and answer questions ? Know that all these details build your reputation and your customers will feel (even through an online video) if you take them for walking wallets.
As you may have noticed, among these 8 qualities, the “taste for risk” is missing. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a hothead to be a successful entrepreneur.
The 79 Reasons Not to Become an Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship is a difficult thing to do because it requires a lot of effort and does not necessarily bring in more money.
Sometimes people throw in the towel to realize that entrepreneurship was not the life for them to be happy.
As already mentioned in the article: “Avoid conformism with the right questions“
You’re not born an entrepreneur, you become one !
It is easier to find reasons not to undertake than the other way around. Here are 79 reasons why you should never start your own business. All the reasons for you not to start your own business :
- You’re afraid to take the plunge and you don’t want to do it.
- You are demotivated by the fact that no one believes in your project.
- You are doing very well in your life, why change !
- You are convinced that France is a very bad country for entrepreneurship.
- You are not France and you can’t benefit from all the help and infrastructures of these lucky French people.
- You think it is too early for you to start, you will have time later!
- You realize that the idea is already taken, for you it is too late!
- You think that people like you don’t become an entrepreneur.
- You know someone who has tried and burned his wings.
- You have too many ideas and you don’t know which one to choose, a reason for you not to undertake.
- You don’t have any passion or even ideas that are guaranteed success.
- It is too much work and effort for you.
- You don’t have enough time in your current life.
- You would rather have unemployment insurance and a good retirement.
- Except your colleagues, you have no friends.
- In your present life, you have job security.
- You are fulfilled in your personal life with your friends and hobbies. Your job is just “food” to collect your cheques and that’s fine.
- You think you have to invest all your savings and you risk losing them.
- You’d rather keep your dream intact than try and find that reality is quite different.
- You’re unable to work hard, be consistent and discipline yourself. Without a boss or supervisor you don’t know what to do. This is not because you don’t want to undertake, but you are unable to undertake in the long run.
- You don’t want to neglect your young child(ren).
- You do not have the necessary qualifications and you have not taken any training to become an entrepreneur.
- You think no one will take you seriously because you don’t have the right skin colour.
- You have a lack of self-confidence. You have doubts about putting yourself forward, coming out of the shadows and making yourself known. You think you need to work on your apprehension first when you have the time and you will come back to the project later.
- You have no education and you don’t have a degree.
- You are in the process of getting an education and graduation is more important.
- You hate paperwork.
- You live in fear of failure in public and don’t want to be ridiculed in front of your family and friends.
- You have an idea that requires heavy investment.
- You don’t know where to find the customers who will buy your products/services.
- You don’t want to risk in this ridiculous idea to launch your business because you have worked hard to have your present life.
- You don’t see yourself becoming a boss and giving orders to others.
- You already know that the state will knock you out of taxes if you become self-employed, and it will be even worse if your business makes a lot of money.
- There is no proof that you will still be interested in your project a year from now.
- You have a little voice in your head telling you to stop dreaming.
- You think everyone who succeeds is privileged.
- You have no money and you think money calls for money.
- You’ve never had anyone give you a chance.
- You think that as soon as you talk about your idea, you’re going to get it stung.
- You have to face the language barrier. A good reason not to go ahead with it.
- Your loved ones respond to your enthusiasm with silence and don’t trust you.
- Your loved ones always come to put their grain of salt and they will never let you think and work in silence.
- You are terrified of disappointing your wife when she encourages you and trusts you.
- Your husband is afraid that you will be less dependent on him and that you will earn more than he does.
- Your friends send you back their inability to dare to take the step and their own fears.
- You feel lonely because no one around you knows about it.
- You feel rejected as soon as you talk about your ambitions.
- All the Youtube players, personal development coaches, books for entrepreneurs are just a bunch of hype and scams.
- You’d know if you could really “start from scratch” and succeed by following a method.
- The poor stay poor and inequalities grow. The rich get richer on your back by making you dream beautiful dreams that will never come true.
- Seeking to earn more is mail and money corrupts.
- A project as unreasonable and selfish as yours goes against notions such as sacrifice and self-sacrifice.
- It will be seen as disrespectful to beg investors.
- Soliciting clients is not going to bring you any closer to enlightenment.
- Statistically, there are more failures than successes. Even without knowing where such a statistic comes from, it seems credible.
- Your family has had many failures and a sense of commerce does not run in your veins.
- Why you and not the others if everyone is in the same boat and dreams of being able to travel and work from wherever they want.
- Marketing is like Chinese for you.
- You’ll lose your disability benefit at the slightest self-employment income. Your business would have to generate a salary from the first month and you take the risk of being out on the street.
- You think you will be a lax manager because you are rather introverted.
- It is better to play it safe with high unemployment and too little purchasing power. In such an economic and political context, it would be unconscious for you to invest in a company.
- The business climate is too good to last! In a climate of low unemployment and high purchasing power, the economy is in a bubble that will soon burst.
- You won’t have to come crying if it doesn’t work! You won’t be able to say that we warned you.
- You don’t have the skills to deal with the young sharks, today everything is on the internet.
- You don’t shine in your current job and you were lazy at school so what proves that you have what it takes to succeed?
- At your age, it’s more important to network and establish yourself in the world of work. You can start later.
- It is too much for you to undertake. Your best years are behind you. Despite your seniority you do not have the right network to start a business. It would have been better to start when you were younger.
- The market does not exist, your idea is too innovative.
- Your idea is not innovative enough, the market is blocked and there are too many competitors.
- The legal risk seems too high and you don’t know the regulations in force.
- You don’t know where to find trusted suppliers.
- It’s all well and good to want to create a company but to want to manage it on a day-to-day basis is quite a challenge.
- Having to justify your choices and justify yourself, you find it difficult to assume without feeling guilty. So you don’t dare ask for help or assert yourself to sell products.
- You’ve tried it in the past and it didn’t work.
- You would have to hire providers and employees.
- You’re going to add pressure and worry to yourself. You clearly don’t need that right now.
- You’re going to reopen painful wounds if you succeed where family members have failed.
- You will be attacked by jealous people who will make up stories about you.
- You started out with a hell of a motivation, and since you read this list, you’ve preferred to let go.
You made the choice to go ahead anyway, you’re crazy !
Congratulations, you have courageously decided to ignore the fears of many people.
Sébastien Night In : Profession : entrepreneur libre [Online] Paper book format available in French on : < https://amzn.to/2SNFV1o >